Saturday, February 28, 2009

All These Things That I Have Done

U2 is forever my favorite band--of all time, any time. The NYT this weekend is running a really good profile of the band in preparation for their new album (released on 3 March), No Line on the Horizon. I've not heard the
entire album, even though I read it has been leaked, but it's an event any time a new U2 album or song comes out. The NYT piece mentions a benefit for War Child International that was headlined by two of my other favorite bands, The Killers and Coldplay. Bono joined Chris Martin from Coldplay, Brandon Flowers from The Killers and Gary Barlow from Take That to sing one of my favorite Killers songs, All These Things That I Have Done, which I have attached for your listening pleasure. (The you-tube video is clearly cell-phone video, but it's so cool to see a sort of musical holy trinity on stage singing a song that I love, so I'm willing to over look that fact.)

No comments: