Friday, September 25, 2009

Bert and Ernie









                                 

This is a little memorial to my cat, Jackson, whom I mentioned a few posts ago. He loved my mother's ironing board (warm, toasty from her quilt making tendencies) above most other sleeping spots. Could he BE more comfy?? The other photos I always called the Ernie and Bert series. With Lady, the rescued Golden Retriever as Ernie (because honestly, is there a more earnest face than that of a Golden?? Nope.) and Jackson as Bert. They tolerated each other in the funniest ways...Jack would look with serious disdain at Lady as if to say "really, you don't get that they are totally playing you?" And Lady's look was more "What do you mean? They LOVE me..." It was adorable.

I miss Jackson soooooo much, he was the best little tabby cat ever. And Lady, well let's just say she rules the roost in Rochester, Minnesota, and she does it with grace and aplomb...and the best sad look you've EVER seen.

No comments: